ACFI Appraisal Pack
Are you suffering from any of the following ACFI Appraisal Pack related issues?
- Haven’t received specific training on how to put the pack together
- Feeling like you’re not quite meeting evidence requirements
- Feeling like you’re putting too much ‘stuff’ into the packs
- You’ve been downgraded during an ACFI validation… for any reason
- Not downgraded, but scrambling on the day to find information that you thought was already in the pack
You’re not alone. Providing ACFI related services across Australia, we’ve found that nearly all ACFI downgrade issues have been as a result of the ACFI Appraisal Pack not being put together in a systematic fashion… with just the right amount of information. Too little information means unsubstantiated claims, too much information increases scope for incongruency. Not knowing the correct way can lead to wasted time and effort. This is why Wellness & Lifestyles have created the ACFI Appraisal Pack Education, which helps to solve these issues and problems.
- Improve compliancy – learn what you should be doing so your packs meet requirements 100% of the time
- Decrease paperwork – discover how doing less documentation can mean better outcomes
- Improve efficiency – find out how high performing sites set-up their systems to capture the right information
- Reduce validation risk – make sure the right information is available “on the day”
- Meeting the minimum ACFI Appraisal Pack requirements
- Setting up charts to reduce documentation requirements
- Minimising the amounts of assessments and directives
- Strategies to ensure the correct information is captured from the floor
- Setting-up supporting documentation packs to assist at validation
- Ensuring congruency between ACFI domains
Who should use this training
You should go through this training if you are involved in putting together ACFI Appraisal Packs and you haven’t ever gone through a validation, you’ve gone through validation and there were any downgrades, or even if you’re just not quite sure whether or not your systems and processes are as efficient as they could be.
We’ve found that this training has helped staff gain a better understanding of what is actually required in the ACFI Appraisal Pack – for some of our clients they’ve made their claiming process more efficient, have actually increased funding by having a more targeted approach, and their ACFI clinicians are less worried about validation in general.
Not all training will be perfect and solve all problems. This training assumes that you have a good understanding of the ACFI domains, questions, definitions, business rules, and most importantly – the PAS and Cornell. If you don’t, you will still get a lot out of this training, however to get the most out of it we recommend that you complete these sessions first.
This session is the culmination of all of the fundamental concepts and principles of the ACFI. If you know these, than this session will be one of the best online ACFI education sessions you can do because it will allow you to put this information into practice… getting the most for your facility and residents.
About the presenter
Michael joined Wellness & Lifestyles in 2005, and has a background as a physiotherapist with experience working in the areas of rehabilitation, outpatients, hydrotherapy, aged care, intellectual disability, manual handling, and hospital physiotherapy. In the role of General Manager his work covers the orientation, induction, quality management, and ongoing professional development of therapists and the individual Therapy Managers. Reporting to the CEO, Michael has a leading role in business development and the marketing of new allied health programs.
Michael regularly provides advice to therapists on issues relating to clinical guidelines, accreditation standards, and funding mechanisms. Working in close conjunction with key industry stakeholders, he currently consults nationally advising clients on strategies to minimise costs related to allied health services and to optimise available funding.